PRINT ME!

Print Friendly and PDF

Friday, August 24, 2012

Batik Shorts

"Batik" print with "glitter-like" finish.
I feel that I am accomplishing something in that I have finished 3 pairs of shorts for my granddaughter lately, despite continuous interruptions by thunderstorms and other matters during the past couple of weeks.  Progress was slow, at first, as that I had not sewn clothing for her in the last couple of years.  However, as I continued on the four pairs made (the first was my sample), the process has become easier and faster.

The finish to the material has minute dots of reflective gold, which my granddaughter took delight in when I first showed her the material.
The buttons are La Mode (7516097388 & 7516097389) 5/8" &  3/4", which have a faceted look that reflects colors similar to those in the print of the fabric.
I could not resist these jazzy buttons.

The lining for the waist band and the pockets are turquoise.



















If you are interested in the pattern (McCall's M6391), it is pictured in the post for July 17, 2012.

1 comment:

KathyD said...

Great looking shorts! Your granddaughter must be thrilled with them!

JellyBean Critters Video

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Cher Chic's Fan Box