PRINT ME!

Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Is It 2013 Already?

I cannot believe that it has been so long since my last post, and that it is 2013 already!  Well, actually the past year has been a long one with all that has happened in my life:  A very painful and stressful year since the rapid decline of my father and since his death in April.  My health has been compromised a bit and my husband's dementia is more noticeable.  I am trying to boost my immunity as well as trying to get more fit.  I really packed on the weight while housebound as caretaker of my father for over 2 years.  I am not saying that I have made New Year's resolutions...but, I have promised myself to get out of the "rut" that I have succumbed to.  In the next week or two, I hope to fill some pages connected to my blog with photos of the trips that we made in October, November and during the last week of December.  My husband is still able to enjoy traveling and we did just that.  Above is a pic taken in Freeport on December 27, 2012:  Dear husband, Gene, is at the left; a friend, Peri, is center; and I am at the right of the photo.

I am still struggling to get my home in order after being away from tending to it for quite awhile.  But I am making progress with the help of the handyman doing repairs that we can no longer tend to for ourselves.  Getting older is not for the faint of heart.  I refuse to completely give in, but I have reconciled that extra help is needed as that dear husband is not able to do as he once could.

Keep checking back if you would like further information of our excursions from NC to SC to the Bahamas, as well as to what I will be doing in my sewing room / art studio.

Claudia >^..^<

No comments:

JellyBean Critters Video

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Cher Chic's Fan Box