PRINT ME!

Print Friendly and PDF

Friday, August 23, 2013

GOLDEN MOMENTS


Today, as I cleaned in my sewing room, I picked up a book that my father gave to me some time during the period that I stayed with him 24/7 until his death last year.  The book is Joy Breaks (90 Devotions to Celebrate, Simplify, and Add Laughter to Your Life).  The book was on a book shelf in his "man cave" and I have no idea as to how it was placed there.  It could have been bought by, or given to, my mother who has been gone since 2003.

I opened to the page that was bookmarked by a sticky note and the devotion really hit home with me.  I am now the care taker of my husband who has a rare form of dementia that has no known method of treatment.  He is slipping away from me, bit by bit, with every day that passes.

I have to watch him very closely and really do not experience "me time."  I have never been a stay-at-home woman as that I taught for over 30 years before I retired in 2008.  I have found adjusting to this stage of my life to be so difficult.  In fact, I have nearly had a melt-down a couple of times lately as that I find less and less time for myself, and that I am so stressed by my husband's situation.

Reading this devotional brought a sense of peace to me today.  Perhaps finding a way to celebrate each day throughout the day in various ways will help me find patience, to not lose hope or faith, and to find a sense of direction in my life.

The devotional is included in the page,  GOLDEN MOMENTS (tab at top).


"Be strong and do not give up,
for your work will be rewarded.
2 Chronicles 15:7

No comments:

JellyBean Critters Video

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Cher Chic's Fan Box