PRINT ME!

Print Friendly and PDF

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Just Ramblin' on


I ran across this pic today of some frayed fabric flower pins that I made the fall of 2011, just months before my father expired.  I remember wearing one, as I pushed him around in a wheelchair in a doctor's office, and one of the medical staff complimented me on it.  The homespun print just dressed up my top and looked so seasonal.  I have one somewhere and need to dig it out to wear again between now and Thanksgiving.   My brood is to be with my dear husband and me for Thanksgiving.  I have so much to do between now and then....




I have been listening to Annie Lennox’s new album for days after a few weeks of anticipating its digital release.  I have thoroughly enjoyed it, with the exception of one selection, “Strange Fruit,” which I deleted from my play list.  It is so hard for me to listen to it for a couple of reasons, but, mainly for one personal one.  I also wonder, although the song has a strong history in jazz and blues, if another song should have been chosen.  No matter, kudos to Annie Lennox for more beautiful music.  





I was fortunate to hear Susan Boyle in concert last week in Charleston, SC.  SB is on her first tour in USA.  I found her persona to be as delightful as her voice is beautiful.  When the performance finished, it was hard to believe that it has lasted for 2.5 hours.  The selections were from past albums, as well as from her new album, "Hope," which I need to purchase and download.  I was so thrilled to hear one of my favorite songs, "Wild Horses," and it brought tears to my eyes as that it hit so close to home with me.  

Reading is a good escape from when I have my dark moods, but my artwork, sewing, and music are such therapy for me.  I couldn't exist without them.  

How many times has anyone heard me say that autumn is my favorite time of the year, especially in the mountains?  I am sure those who know me well will say, "Too many to count!"

This pic was taken by my daughter, on Oct. 20th, and has not been edited.  I don't think that I have ever seen the foliage in greater glory.  The mountains appeared to be "bedazzled," as my grandkids would say.  Another project to complete in the next week or so:  Make our photo book for this trip!

No comments:

JellyBean Critters Video

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Cher Chic's Fan Box