PRINT ME!

Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

First Entry: An Introduction

Hello!  I am new to blogging and hope that it is a venture that will broaden my life.  I love children and cats.  The joy in my life is my 6 year old granddaughter.  I create things for her and her sister , other members of my family as well as for some dear friends.  

I have ventured into the world of Etsy today with a purse that is similar to one that I made for my older granddaughter for Valentine's Day.  I had enough material to create another and hope that it brings enjoyment to another child.  I have some other projects in mind that I will finish and place on Etsy for sale in the future.  I am living life and take on projects as the "whim" hits me.

I taught in the field of the Visual Arts for over 30 years and am an experienced watercolorist with paintings hanging in my home as well in other homes.  I have been involved with sewing since I was in my teens and recently became interested in machine embroidery when the first grand baby arrived.  I also brought out the pleater and made new smocked items for the grandchildren just as I did for my two children were little.  However, I gave away those smocked items to a sister, and to the daughter-in-law of a dear friend of mine when she lost everything during Hurricane Hugo.  

Regarding the smocked clothes for my two granddaughters, I also lend them to my "adopted" grandchild who is between the ages of my own granddaughters and then put the smocked articles away (when they are returned) for any future great-grands --- (In order words, I am creating a great-grandmother's chest).

Back to machine embroidery, I am continually creating new  artwork and developing designs from my artwork - I am digitizing the artwork and am learning so much in that I am manually digitizing.  I have a wonderful online mentor who is helping me in my endeavors.  Hopefully, I will put those out on the market for others use.

No comments:

JellyBean Critters Video

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Cher Chic's Fan Box