PRINT ME!

Print Friendly and PDF

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Mother's Birthday

Today is Mom's birthday.  Momma died in Oct., 2003 and we miss her dearly.  However, we celebrate her birthday and her time here on earth with us,  rather than grieve over our loss.  When she died, my parents had been married for 53 years.  Later today, I, my husband, and my father will place something special at her gravesite and then meet for dinner with another sister and her husband.  From time-to-time, I remind my father that he can look at his girls and see a bit of Momma in us: a resemblance in some form such as a physical feature, a manner of movement, or the manner in which we speak.  Today we celebrate the memories and impact that Momma made in our lives.
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present than the living man."  ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

No comments:

JellyBean Critters Video

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Cher Chic's Fan Box